Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Angelina Jolie "A Mighty Heart"

A contrite looking Angelina Jolie, who plays the widow of slain Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in the movie A Mighty Heart was at the Cannes Film Festival promoting the film on Monday. Jolie was accompanied by Brad Pitt and Mariane Pearl.
Jolie told reporters:”For me,so much of why this film was important to do is because I highly doubt there is anybody in this room who has more reason to hold hate inside herself than Mariane, and she doesn't," Jolie told reporters.
"That is, I think, a lesson for all of us," the 31-year-old actress said.
The film was directed by Michael Winterbottom. It begins on the last day Daniel Pearl and his wife Marianne spent together in Pakistan. They were both on assignment as reporters. Mariane was over five months pregnant when her husband was kidnapped. She was heavily involved in the search to find him.Their son Adam was born a few months later.
Pearl said her friendship with Jolie grew over the course of the project. Pearl said, "I think about the fact that my son will see the film one day, and this is a great moment of pain for me," "And this role was played by somebody who loves me, and it means a lot to me." Daniel Pearl was abducted by militants in January 2002. Despite worldwide pleas for his release, he was beheaded nine days later and a video of the killing was posted the Internet.
Jolie said her own pregnancy during the movie's preparatory stages helped her understand what Pearl went through. "I remember being six months pregnant and thinking, 'I can't imagine at this time not having the father with me ... and being concerned about his life, and trying to eat and trying to remember to get some sleep and trying to take a deep breath and physically even just moving around,'" Jolie said. "As a woman, it just made me so much more connected to her and aware of her."

Bravo,Bravo, a serious film with real meaning in todays world. May we all have Mariane’s compassion and forgiveness . I hope it’s a well received movie.
Yours truly Dog:

No comments: