Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rosie and Elisabeth in Cat Fight

Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s squabble on ABC's "The View" on Wednesday seemed particularly nasty with the co-hosts trading accusations and personal digs.
An angry O'Donnell lashed out at Hasselbeck for not standing up for her when media outlets suggested that she'd called U.S. troops terrorists during a previous show. I asked you if you believed what the Republican pundits were saying—you said nothing, and that's cowardly," O'Donnell said.
Do not call me a coward, because No. 1, I sit here every single day, open my heart and tell people what I believe, said Hasselbeck.
O'Donnell and Hasselbeck were shown on a split screen as the argument progressed without commercial interruption.
"Do you believe that I think our troops are terrorists? And you would not even look me in the face, Elisabeth, and say, 'No, Rosie,'" O'Donnell said.
Hasselbeck responded in kind, "Because you are an adult, and I am certainly not going to be the person for you to explain your thoughts. They're your thoughts! Defend your own insinuations!"
O'Donnell wrote, "a split screen, new heights, or lows, depending on who u ask," on her blog.
I’m sure the executives of ABC were rubbing their hands in glee. Great for the ratings but only a month to go before Rosie leaves. Who’s gonna pump up the ratings then.
Yours Truly Dog:

No comments: