Friday, June 29, 2007

Michael Moore Sicko


Michael Moore is set to reap 50% of the profits from his new film Sicko. He may need some of that to defend himself against the U.S. government. It seems they don’t like the way he traveled to Cuba with sick Americans while making the film. On making a lot of money Moore reportedly said the following,
“It’s a really interesting irony for me,” Moore says of his expected financial windfall. “What it should do to me is remind me every single day that I have an even greater responsibility to do good with the success that I have been blessed with. I need to make sure that I am able to make the next film with the money that I have made on this film. The money allows me to never have to give in, never compromise. Nothing can ever be held over my head in the sense of, ‘If you don’t do this, we won’t give you your money!’ ‘Oh, wow, I guess I’ll be in really bad shape, won’t I?’ That’s an enormous bit of freedom that I have — to stay completely true to the things I believe in. But I have an even greater responsibility because I have been blessed with that great success. I challenge myself with that, constantly.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moore seems to be the only film maker who is willing to expose the rot that corrupts the western countries.Good for you Mr. Moore. Expose those bastards in government who refuse to help the sick and poor of our societies.